Tender shrimp and creamy alfredo sauce combine to make this dish feel like a fancy restaurant dish but easily combine for a great weeknight dinner.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 8-10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound shrimp (31-40 count size) thawed & peeled, tails optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened & cut into smaller pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If shrimp is frozen, run under hot water for 5-10 minutes to dethaw.
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften up.
- Start boiling the fettucine. Cook al dente according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, add the cream, butter, cream cheese, garlic, and chicken broth over medium heat. Stir to combine. After everything has softened and combined, the sauce should become thick.
- Add parmesan cheese and let sauce simmer for 5-7 minutes on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add thawed shrimp to sauce and toss with drained pasta.