The BEST pumpkin cake! It's moist and flavorful and topped it with caramel cream cheese frosting and pecans.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
● 2 cups spice cake mix
● 1 cup pure pumpkin
● 2 large eggs
● 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
● 2 tablespoons warm caramel sauce, plus extra for garnish
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 9 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour foil baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pumpkin puree and eggs, until smooth. Pour
into 8x8 prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center
of the cake comes out with a few crumbs. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Make frosting by beating together cream cheese frosting with caramel sauce and salt.
Spread frosting onto cooled cake and drizzle with caramel sauce. Garnish with pecan