Whether you use fresh, canned or frozen peaches—this pie is sure to please! Save some time and buy a package of refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- 5 cups Peaches peeled, pitted and cut into slices or chopped – fresh, canned or frozen peaches will work
- In large saucepan, add water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Cook at medium-high heat until mixture thickens.
- Prevent any lumps from forming by stirring consistently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, cinnamon and peaches.
- Mix the sauce and other ingredients.
- All filling to cool completely before using or storing. (This mixture can be frozen or stored in the fridge for up to five days.)
Keep it simple and pick-up a refrigerated pie crust at the store.
- Unroll the crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Fill with cooled peach filling.
- Cover with lattice work or create your own design.
- Cover crust edges with tinfoil to prevent burning and bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375° and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.